Thursday 20 October 2011

Outline of S02

I had several ideas for my final major project.
In this post I shall quickly go over my three favourite ones and explain why I chose one of them.
The first idea I had was set in the 1920s speak easy and was centred around a story that I was developing a time, however I felt that I could better tell this story in a different medium. I might pick it up again in the form of a book but for now have set it on hold.
My second story idea had a more environmental feel to it. It started out with Shepherd adding his flock on green grassy hills and transitions to the idea of the wind and the lightning fighting in a thunderstorm. I like the idea of the vast environmental scenery that this scenery could offer and the opportunity to create a rather artistic interpretation of a lightning storm. For full for my final project however I also wanted to show my capabilities as a character animator, something that this project has a distinctive lack of.
Having decided against my first two ideas, I settled on my third. At the moment I'm calling this idea BOX. The main idea behind BOX is, that any couples siblings (and elder boy, and the younger girl) find a large cardboard box.
Intrigued by it and using their imagination they start transforming the BOX into various other objects. Looking at it this story provides me with the most opportunity for character animation and interesting background design as it is only limited by my characters imagination (and maybe time constraints).

No comments:

Post a Comment